by Leslie Christianson, User Services Librarian
We are now SUBSCRIBED to Kanopy! Access it here.
Some of the features we like:
- You can create playlists of full-length videos
- Take clips of certain scenes to highlight or emphasize important content, dialogue or imagery
- Add your own comments, insight or description of what you want others to pay attention to in the video or clip
- Drag and drop videos to arrange your lists thematically
- Embed videos and playlists on course pages or social media
- Invite interaction on videos and lists from students.
- You can even send questions to filmmakers!
Here’s a snapshot of the dashboard options:
“Kanopy is a video streaming platform for specifically for colleges. We have a broad collection with over 26,000 films from 800 top producers such as Criterion Collection, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, First Run Features, Media Education Foundation, The Great Courses.
Kanopy has more than 26,000 films in its collection – including leading producers such as Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, BBC, First Run Features, The Video Project, Media Education Foundation, Documentary Education Resources – on every topic imaginable.Kanopy’s viewing platform makes it easy to watch, share and discuss films across our campus and at your own convenience.”
Tell us how you feel about Kanopy’s features and content coverage.
If you have any questions, contact the Marywood Library: firstname.lastname@example.org